This is it, Huawei Mate X 5G foldable smartphone, after many leaks and rumours, has been unveiled at the pre-MWC conference in Barcelona.
The new smartphone has two OLED FullView Display panels on the outer body that makes the device transform easily into an 8-inch tablet.
Huawei has also provided a two-in-one camera that is powered by Leica optics.
The new model will competes against Samsung Galaxy Fold that debuted few days ago with an Infinity Flex Display.
The Huawei Mate X also comes with 5G support to deliver high-speed data access with low latency — powered by HiSilicon Kirin 980 SoC.
Huawei Mate X price
The smartphone will go on sale from middle of 2019 with retail price of Huawei Mate X set at EUR 2,299 for the 8GB RAM/ 512GB storage variant.
Highlights Specification of Huawei Mate X
- Display: 6.6-inch and 6.38-inch sizes that jointly bring an 8-inch OLED FullView Display with pixel count of 1148×2480 pixels and 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Huawei Mate X has a 1.8GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 SoC, coupled with 8GB RAM
- RAM + ROM: 8GB RAM, 512GB expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB)
- Operating System: Android 9.0
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Camera: 40-megapixel + 16-megapixel + 8-megapixel + 16MP front camera
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.89x 74.69x 8.46mm; Weight: 218g
- Network: Huawei Balong 5000 5G chipset that comes as the world’s first 7nm modem. Delivering 4.6/ 2.5Gbps downlink/ uplink speeds on Sub-6GHz. On mmWave, up to 6.5/ 3.5Gbps downlink/ uplink speeds. Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (4×4 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4500mAh battery with 55W Huawei SuperCharge technology that is rated to deliver 85 percent of power in 30 minutes of charge.