Hawk Scholars Scholarship(HSS) is a competitive scholarship based on exceptional merit. Date of unconditional admit and date of scholarship application are used in the awarding process.
How to Apply
If you are awarded a Hawk Scholars Scholarship you must enroll for a minimum of 6 credit hours each semester for the duration of the award.
- Fall 2018 is first semester as a UH graduate student or first semester as a non-Texas resident undergraduate
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (as recalculated by UH)
- Must have UH Admissions Application on file
- Must have paid Admission Application fee
- Must have a UH identification number
- Deadline: April 15
Final Deadline: May 15
Award: The initial award is $1000 for the academic year. Non-Texas Residents and International students who receive the HSS are eligible to pay Texas resident tuition for the academic year of the award which is fall 2018, spring 2019 and summer 2019.
HSS is renewable for 2 additional semesters
If renewed, the student will be awarded $500 for fall 2019 and $500 for spring 2020. In addition, renewal students will be eligible to continue paying resident tuition for fall 2019, spring 2020, and summer 2020.
Continue to enroll in at least 6 credit hours each semester. Student must also maintain academic good standing and a 3.0 cumulative GPA.